What I Am Currently Working On
Posted on 20/2/08 by Tim Koschützki
Yeah so I told you Felix and I are having some neat plans for the near future. I also told you we both are working on and will release some open source goodness on our new Debuggable Site. So well, what am I for one working on?
An Image Library.
Yeah, a very neat one that supports layering and all of the good stuff, including:
- Several methods of resizing, cropping, cutting, flipping, trimming, rotation
- Format conversion
- Custom Backgrounds
- Transparency among many layers including several blending methods
- Adding shapes, polygons, boxes, texts, ..
- Convenience methods for thumbnailing and captchas
- Adding borders and frames to images and layers
- Custom creation of gif animations
- Effects like gaussian blur, invert color, color replacement, emboss, brightness, contrast, ..
- Image quality improvement
I think it's going to be pretty neat, because it is also wrapped into a nice OOP interface that supports Jquery-like chaining. It has a good test coverage so far using Test-driven Development and unit tests. Integration testing, basically in my case how the different layer effects work together, is not so easy, but I should be fine.
Here are two examples of what can be achieved with the library in very few codelines:
You can skip to the end and add a comment.
Hrm well debuggable is going to need some work and then the new version of posttask. But after that I will make a first beta release of this. : ]
Would you be willing to help test some?
how are you testing output? If you're doing bitmap comparison, what's your path for generating the success images?
This post is too old. We do not allow comments here anymore in order to fight spam. If you have real feedback or questions for the post, please contact us.
Found this on Debuggable - sounds good, with the chaining and all.. when will we be able to have a look? I'm curious..